- How many students attend EHTP out-of-school time (OST) programs?
- Where do our EHTP programs take place?
- What kind of difference do EHTP programs make?
- What days are program in session?
- What time must a child arrive to program?
- What time is dismissal?
- What is the attendance policy?
- What do I do if my child is sick?
- What do I do if my child has to leave early?
- When are field trips?
- Who do I call in case of emergency?
- Do you operate when schools are closed?
- Do you have a school safety plan?
How many students attend EHTP out-of-school time (OST) programs?
During the 2012-2013 academic year, we will serve 450 students in our OST program, most of who live and/or attend school in East Harlem.
Where do our EHTP programs take place?
Our OST programs operate at four sites:
Elementary Program, grades K-3: 104th street site at 344 104th street
Elementary Program, grades 4-5: 2050 2nd Avenue
University Program - Middle School Program: 4th floor of the Jackie Robinson Complex, located at 1573 Madison Avenue
University Program - High School: 2053 2nd Avenue
What kind of difference do EHTP programs make?
EHTP’s after-school program runs for 30 weeks, 4 days a week, from 3PM-6PM during the school year, equivalent to 2 additional months of classroom time, and six weeks in the summer.
During the 2011-2012 school year:
- In our OST elementary programs, 82% of our students saw an improvement in their reading scores, with an average of 14 months of academic progress in one year.
- 96% of our elementary school students and a full 100% of our middle school students were promoted to the next grade.
- 96% of our elementary K-5 graders successfully advanced to their next grade.
- 100% of EHTP’s 6th - 8th graders were promoted to the next grade.
What days are program in session?
Program is in session Mon-Thu any day that NYC public schools are in session.
What time must a child arrive to program?
Program begins each day (Mon. – Thu.) at 3:00. Scholars begin activities and are served a healthy snack at that time. Scholars are expected to arrive by 3:00. We recognize that some scholars do not get out of school early enough to arrive at 3:00, so all scholars must arrive by 3:30 pm.
What time is dismissal?
Dismissal begins at 6:00 pm. Parents/guardians are expected to be outside of our building at that time. All scholars should be dismissed by 6:15.
What is the attendance policy?
All scholars must be present for at least 75% of session. Failure to do so will result in probation. If a child on probation fails to attend 75% of sessions, it will result in dismissal from the program.
What do I do if my child is sick?
If a child is sick and will not attend program, parents/guardians should call in the morning to let EHTP staff know. At the following session, the scholar must bring a written note for the absence to be excused.
What do I do if my child has to leave early?
Scholars should call in advance so that we can notify the teacher. Scholars must also bring a note explaining the reason for the early dismissal.
When are field trips?
Classes take occasional field trips during normal program hours. Families will receive a permission slip for each field trip outlining the trip schedule. Please recognize that when classes take trips, they make every effort to return on time. However, because they may depend on subways or buses, they will occasionally return late.
Who do I call in case of emergency?
In case of emergency, always call 212-831-0650. Our receptionist will direct your call to the proper staff member to assist you.
Do you operate when schools are closed?
If New York City public schools are closed, our programs are also closed. However, our offices do remain open on some days when schools are closed.